:: Re: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan mee…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Jaromil
Aan: devuan developers internal list
Onderwerp: Re: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Nov. 15 2017

hi all

> #### Ongoing Actions
>
>   * ACTION: @everybody propose viable solutions for the CDN setup
>             for package mirrors
>     * (parazyd) discuss on the email thread
>     * atm we have several offers for mirrors
>     * 6 package mirrors are active at the moment

as you may have already noticed, I proceeded forwarding the news about
the currently active mirrors. Realising later about this pending
discussion (thanks golinux), so please accept my apologies for pushing
it out before addressing concerns.

in any case, I advocate for documenting publicly every single progress
we make about Devuan. the forward I made on DNG and on twitter is
about that rather than a final announcement on how to use
mirrors. this way we can show that some mirrors joined, the system
works and that may bring new ones and for sure people testing them

however next time i'll be more careful and debate this here, while I
hope you agree with the general attitude of documenting the process
and not just the final product.

>     * there are two options:
>        * ACTION:  rebuild jessie ISOs (point release 1.1?) (with
>          updated packages (~130 out of date (mostly jessie-security)
>          packages)) and including new devuan-keyring
>          (Evilham) this would imply re-building the live isos
>          (fsmithred), arm images (parazyd) and minimal-live (KatolaZ)
>          besides regular installer (jaromil/Centurion_Dan)

and the vagrant box (vm-sdk)

ideally we should automate this, parazyd is making good progress I
understand, but won't be all ready for ASCII I can imagine.

for ASCII we should do the same, so perhaps is more comfortable for
everyone if we do this one time for both releases, Jessie 8.1 and
ASCII beta.

Should we make an appointment to work half a day on this, within the
next two weeks?

ciao