:: Re: [devuan-dev] Fwd: [DNG] [ANNOUN…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Jaromil
À: devuan developers internal list
Sujet: Re: [devuan-dev] Fwd: [DNG] [ANNOUNCE] Devuan Docker Base Images available
dear Olaf,

many thanks for your contribution! I intended to look into this myself
again (tried once, with a limited amount of time at hand) wanting to
find out why docker doesn't runs well on devuan to easily and image
from a running instance. I recall there was a problem mostly due to
identifiers that confuse the docker process when it expects the
'debian' string, or so.

we can be very happy that there are rolling images of Devuan's stable,
testing and unstable releases on your repository! and I believe we
should recommend them specifying they are provided by you.

some questions:

do you imagine maintaining these releases for long in the future?

whenever we find the time, would you like to sync up and help
understand how to include build scripts into the vm-sdk?

or you prefer to maintain a version yourself, sign it with your keys?

after some testing and peer reviews here I can also imagine we'll ask
you if you like to be listed among Devuan's developers maintaining an
"official" release, but for that I tend to prefer we build the docker
images on our infrastructure.

meanwhile, testing should also imply checking the hashes of the
binaries included against a freshly built Devuan image something for
which I wonder if scripts are already available.

at last, as I see you were already intentioned to announce this, I'll
make sure it circulates across all Devuan's media channels.

again thanks!

ciao