:: Re: [devuan-dev] Upgrading from Deb…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Hleb Valoshka
A: devuan developers internal list
Asunto: Re: [devuan-dev] Upgrading from Debian/Devuan Jessie to Devuan ASCII (with eudev)
On 11/4/17, Svante Signell <svante.signell@???> wrote:
> Looking at the diff I think you have made some copy/paste errors:
> This is a transitional package to ease upgrades to the ruby-gettext
> package. It can safely be removed.

Fixed.

> BTW: What's the difference between ${source:Version} and
> ${binary:Version}, you prefer the former?

>From man 5 deb-substvars:

===
       source:Version
              The source package version.
       binary:Version
              The binary package version (which may differ from source:Version
              in a binNMU for example).
===

So, for example, in jessie we have zlib1g 1:1.2.8.dfsg-2+b1, for it
${source:Version} == 1:1.2.8.dfsg-2 while ${binary:Version} ==
1:1.2.8.dfsg-2+b1

This is required to install proper dependencies when no source changes
where made but packages need to be recompiled (ABI changes, new
directory layout, etc).