:: Re: [DNG] Redhat CEO answers questi…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: KatolaZ
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Redhat CEO answers questions
On Wed, Nov 01, 2017 at 10:12:53AM -0400, zap wrote:
> I like to think of systemd as the lazy man's solution to init.  I am not
> really a developer persay, but you guys seem to convey what I just said
> and what I am about to say,
>
> systemd slogan, "*IF it isn't broken*... *Break IT!*"
>
> Also another slogan for systemd: "*The**Donald Trump**of **Init*!"
>
> and last but not least, "*The lazy Developer's way out!*"
>
> but seriously, is laziness really the only reason so many distros
> switched to systemd?
>
> If so... that is frankly in the words of the orange unstable man of hot
> air: "*SAD*!"
>
> *):*

Sorry for interrupting, but I was wondering whether this discussion is
useful at all to Devuan. Please don't get me wrong: you are free to
continue, but really, what's the point?

systemd is a reality, and making sad or smart jokes about it does not
make it more palatable, or less of a threat.

A modest proposal: if people have some time to spare for Devuan, it
would be useful at this point to start testing all the possible
upgrade paths to Devuan Ascii, e.g., a) from Debian Jessie, b) from
Devuan Jessie, c) from Debian Stretch, with as many different
configurations as possible, and report any issue they find to
http://bugs.devuan.org. Even upgrades of VMs would be informative.

TIA

KatolaZ