:: Re: [DNG] Redhat CEO answers questi…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Taiidan@gmx.com
A: dev, John Hughes, dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Redhat CEO answers questions
On 10/31/2017 10:07 AM, dev wrote:

> I have some systemd encumbered systems and Devuan boot times beat them
> hands down. The difference is so profound I can't believe anyone at
> Redhat would even use that as a justification any more but they do
> because nobody is going to argue with "we did it to make it faster".

Yeah, same here.
My systemd systems take 80+ seconds to boot up whereas my devuan system
is only 10 seconds.
There is always one reason or another for "a start job is running for -
network interfaces/disks/etc)" which halts the entire boot process
"faster", even without those it still is much slower than devuan.

SystemD is a power play in the linux community, maybe even a super
backdoor - why else would every distro suddenly adopt it despite it not
being an improvement over SysVinit.