:: Re: [DNG] Chris Lamb = Good Maintai…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: John Hughes
À: dng
Nouveaux-sujets: Re: [DNG] Clear communication (Was: Debian testing drop redis)
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Chris Lamb = Good Maintainer (Was: Debian testing drop redis)

On 27/10/17 21:56, Jaromil wrote:

> my training in hermeneutics and epistemology rings a bell about this
> being the wrong general attitude about changes and regressions, but
> for now I just rest on the fact redis "just works" in Devuan ASCII
> (using sysvinit) and that, as I stated at the beginning, this should
> be an issue addressed by upstream rather than us. Upstream has been
> warned. Lets all keep our eyes peeled for this and other packages.

But what is the issue to be addressed by upstream?  What do they have to
be warned about?

Chris Lamb removed a misfeature that he put in himself.  That,
undocumented, misfeature never existed in the upstream code.

While keeping your eyes peeled is obviously a good thing please remember
the downsides of crying wolf when the wolf isn't there.