:: Re: [DNG] OT: Patching De*an based …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: dev
A: Adam Borowski, dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] OT: Patching De*an based systems at scale

On 10/26/2017 04:53 PM, Adam Borowski wrote:
<snip>

> You're not insane enough to run an unreleased version on a production
> server, right?

I would never do that! ;)
Seriously though, I might do it in a test environment, so good to know.

> You may additionally install apt-listchanges and configure it to show
> changelogs, that will fetch relevant (and only those!) changelog entries of
> packages you're about to install.

Thank you for that information. Is the email and apt-listchanges the
only way? apt-listchanges sends notifications from every system. That's
60 duplicate emails in my case, for many packages such as OpenSSH.

The DSA mail cuts down the noise but I'm assuming I may be getting
mailed about packages that do not pertain to any systems I'm running,
correct?

I'm trying to avoid what I always end up doing; a perl screen scraper
which I cross-reference with apt-get upgrade --dry-run and then parse
the pertinent package info into a CSV file that can everyone wants
emailed to them, for each server... maybe this is the only way ?