:: Re: [DNG] ID Quantique "Quantum" PC…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Arnt Gulbrandsen
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] ID Quantique "Quantum" PCI-e RNG's - does anyone have more info?
Olaf Meeuwissen writes:
> I have used the `haveged` package to keep my /dev/urandom "topped up"
> when randomizing disks. Greatly shortened the time needed to fill my
> disks. No idea about the quality of randomness, though.

I looked at it now. It seems to observe some real entropy, but I think they
overestimate the amount. Some of the events they count show up in some/many
counters, and I don't see any attempt to estimate or account for
covariance.

So, yes, good stuff IMHO, but I don't think it's actually hundreds of
megabits per second. Still, even 1kbps of real entropy isn't bad.

Arnt