:: Re: [devuan-dev] Current progress o…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: fsmithred
A: devuan-dev
Assumpte: Re: [devuan-dev] Current progress on udev/eudev
On 10/25/2017 09:20 AM, Ivan J. wrote:
>> well, if udev remains in the repos, then the problem is also for new
>> installs, obviously....
>
> My point exactly. We need to ditch the existing udev for the new
> transitional package most probably.

I don't think we should ditch udev yet. Someone may need it. And I'm
pretty sure it will eventually ditch us. We just need to be prepared for that.

Do we know that eudev works in all situations where udev works? (Note: I
saw a post on antix forum mentioning that there were some reports of their
eudev not working on some laptops. I don't have a link.)

fsr