:: Re: [devuan-dev] Actions from last …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ralph Ronnquist
A: devuan developers internal list
Asunto: Re: [devuan-dev] Actions from last meeting

Ivan J. wrote on 20/10/17 10:57:
> On Fri, 20 Oct 2017, Daniel Reurich wrote:
>
>> On 20/10/17 09:54, Ivan J. wrote:
>>> On Thu, 19 Oct 2017, KatolaZ wrote:
>>>  [snip]

>>> For this one we should reconsider and talk to tremon about testing his
>>> version with epoch 1:. The sources are on his gitlab profile:
>>> https://git.devuan.org/tremon/eudev
>> There is no reason to set an epoch at all.
>>
>> the package should not build or ship libudev... but libeudev and have:
>> "Provides: libudev1 (=<libudev version>)
>> "Replaces: libudev1
>>
>> This allows a drop in replacement for libudev without the name conflict
>> and provides a seemless transition to eudev.
>
> I seriously don't prefer renaming it to libeudev. But if everyone else
> wants to, and reaches consensus, I will merge the patch you can come up
> with.

Interesting. I don't see the contention point, but I do see the
advantage of having a different name from the package shipped with udev.
Perhaps a different new name? libudev-eudev? I'm happy enough with
libeudev (although it takes a bit of squinting to see that it's a
different name than libudev) Or anything else other than libudev, which
in my mind is already taken.

Ralph.