著者: Daniel Reurich
To: devuan developers internal list
題目: Re: [devuan-dev] Actions from last meeting

On 20/10/17 09:54, Ivan J. wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Oct 2017, KatolaZ wrote:
>
>> - ACTION: @parazyd will produce a one-shot script to import the
>>           MATE and Cinnamon repos by Antofox, and build them

> They are already ready for the most part. Will need trivial tweaks for
> our infra.
>
>> - ACTION: @everybody test the proposed eudev packages, to check that
>>         they work in all possible update/upgrade scenarios:
>>          - Debian/Wheezy -> Devuan/Jessie
>>         - Debian/Jessie -> Devuan/Jessie
>>         - Devuan/Jessie -> Devuan/Ascii
>>         - Debian/Stretch -> Devuan/Ascii
>>         - Devuan/Ascii -> Devuan/Ceres

> For this one we should reconsider and talk to tremon about testing his
> version with epoch 1:. The sources are on his gitlab profile:
> https://git.devuan.org/tremon/eudev
>
>> - ACTION: @everybody test all possible install/update/upgrade paths
>>           involving ASCII, namely:
>>       - Fresh ASCII install
>>       - Devuan/Jessie -> Devuan/ASCII
>>           - Debian/Stretch -> Devuan/ASCII

> This one should be on hold until we get eudev in the repos.

There is no reason to set an epoch at all.

the package should not build or ship libudev... but libeudev and have:
"Provides: libudev1 (=<libudev version>)
"Replaces: libudev1

This allows a drop in replacement for libudev without the name conflict
and provides a seemless transition to eudev.

same goes for all other packages replaced by eudev equivalents