:: Re: [DNG] Devuan in top 50
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: dev
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Devuan in top 50

On 10/17/2017 03:02 PM, Alessandro Selli wrote:
<snip>

> Great news for a rookie!

As others alluded to, the rating has little veracity for anything more
than "just for fun" however I think it should be noted (perhaps in 8pt
font?) that the tool *does* show an upward trend from the 12 month
rating. Again, just for fun.. At any rate, it's nice seeing the trend
going up rather than down :)

I do think it is nonetheless a useful marketing tool (which are all
inherently sketchy anyway) for those looking to try a new distro who are
not so interested in the metrics behind the numbers. I get the feeling
Distrowatch tries their honest-best in terms of accuracy but given the
metrics which may be available to them, it's likely a difficult task.