:: Re: [DNG] Allwinner Olimex OLinuXin…
Página Inicial
Autor: Rick Moen
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Allwinner Olimex OLinuXino MICRO (A20) Devuan Jessie no Ethernet
Quoting John Franklin (franklin@???):

> Are you looking specifically for something with the Pi’s bare-board
> form factor? The Zotac C-series of barebones machines also support
> SATA and have no fans. (At least in the spin-and-move-air sense.
> They have lots of users-that-love-using-them fans.)

John, jst wanted to thank you for the tip. When you posted that, Zotac
were offering this fabulous deal:

Item                                       Sku                              Qty     Subtotal
CI321 nano PLUS [Refurbished]              ZBOX-CI321NANO-P-U (R)            1       $124.99

o fanless, w/ passive-cooled chassis
o 4 GB RAM, expandable to 16 GB, 2 slots for DDR3L-1600/1333 SODIMMs
o 64GB 2.5" SATA SSD
o CPU is Intel 2961Y (dual core, 1.1 GHz), Celeron 'Haswell', 11.5 watt TDP
(This is a laptop-class low-power chip.)
o Intel HD Graphics, HDMI & DisplayPort
o Dual gigabit ethernet
o Wifi, 4 x USB3, 1 x USB2, card reader for SD/SDHC/SDXC, IRDA, antenna
connector
o SKU: ZBOX-CI321NANO-P
o case size: 5" x 5" x 1.8"

Zotac aren't offering it for sale any more. (Mine! ;-> )

For my purposes (DNS recursive nameserver, Chef master, NIDS host, and
backup target inside my residence running inside a KVM virthost), this
is _almost_ ideal. If only they had at least one eSATA port for RAID1
mirroring, that would hit 100% of my wishlist criteria. (IMO, USB is
too flaky for main storage.)

I believe item cited is a discontinued model, which is fine by me as I
really don't need an i7 for this, and TDP of 11.5 watts is difficult to
beat. I was looking for a server, not a heater.