:: Re: [DNG] "the more you do, the str…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Erik Christiansen
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] "the more you do, the stronger your voice"
On 14.10.17 09:19, Edward Bartolo wrote:
> Although this belongs to devuan-dev I am posting this here for general
> discussion.
>
> I think, the principle should hold indefinitely as anyone working on
> Devuan's projects, is doing it for free in their free time. Since
> there is no payment involved, it makes a lot of sense to keep some
> form of motivator. In this case, such a motivator, would be more say
> in decisions.

In the absence of payment, it seems clear that 100% of decision making
resides with the implementers - users merely provide suggestions. The
counterbalance is that when implementers don't provide what the users
need, then they go elsewhere, as we have done.

I'm still observing, to see whether devuan gains substance, or will
remain an appendage of debian, forever scratching at monolithic monsters,
introduced into debian specifically to M$-ify it into a purely
commercial product, but never quite breaking free from that tarpit.

Erik