:: Re: [DNG] "the more you do, the str…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Weaver
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] "the more you do, the stronger your voice"
On 2017-10-14 17:19, Edward Bartolo wrote:
> Although this belongs to devuan-dev I am posting this here for general
> discussion.
>
> I think, the principle should hold indefinitely as anyone working on
> Devuan's projects, is doing it for free in their free time. Since
> there is no payment involved, it makes a lot of sense to keep some
> form of motivator. In this case, such a motivator, would be more say
> in decisions.

I'm afraid I can't agree.
Usually the most sense is spoken by the smallest voice.
History is full of examples of the minority being in the right.
The whole idea of open source is the wealth of the collective,
intelligence of the crowd, call it what you will.
As soon as you make it `proprietary', in any sense, you lose that major
advantage, placing yourself back at square one.

> Please, understand this email is NOT intended to push myself to have
> more say: that would be above my head, as I have absolutely NO
> experience besides with the most common equipment found at homes.
>
> Another point to state is, to repeat that unanimity, is important
> where major changes to Devuan are involved.

Here you advocate the diametrically opposed opposite.