:: [DNG] "the more you do, the stronge…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Edward Bartolo
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: [DNG] "the more you do, the stronger your voice"
Although this belongs to devuan-dev I am posting this here for general
discussion.

I think, the principle should hold indefinitely as anyone working on
Devuan's projects, is doing it for free in their free time. Since
there is no payment involved, it makes a lot of sense to keep some
form of motivator. In this case, such a motivator, would be more say
in decisions.

Please, understand this email is NOT intended to push myself to have
more say: that would be above my head, as I have absolutely NO
experience besides with the most common equipment found at homes.

Another point to state is, to repeat that unanimity, is important
where major changes to Devuan are involved. This point has been
criticised as the stalling policy of the EU, but needless to say,
every policy has its downside. It is better to have slow progress
rather than have schisms occurring as a result of deep disagreement.
This has happened to Debian notwithstanding of its well-planned
structure.

I attribute the changes taking place in GNU/Linux in general,
especially the introduction of systemd, to business forces placing
their fingers where they shouldn't. Devuan should guard itself to
create a structure that impeaches any member that acts in ways that
would undermine the Devuan ideal in the long run. I think, Debian
suffered what it suffered because it allowed members/developers with
questionable backgrounds and design preferences.

edbarx