:: Re: [DNG] Allwinner Olimex OLinuXin…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Nate Bargmann
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] Allwinner Olimex OLinuXino MICRO (A20) Devuan Jessie no Ethernet
* On 2017 12 Oct 11:27 -0500, Steve Litt wrote:

> Danger Will Robinson!
>
> My research shows that Olimex OLinuXino MICRO (A20) has an Allwinner
> bios, and any web search shows clearly that Allwinner is a serial GPL
> violator.

I guess it would be wise to smash the whole thing to bits and throw it
into a fire? That'll show 'em!

In the mean time, I have a practical need for something that supports
SATA and has no fan. I hate hate hate fans! The Pi is unreliable with
a USB hard drive what with its USB and Ethernet being on shared
interrupts. BTDT, lost the data once. Other boards don't have the
accessory support of the Pi or Olimex. At least with this board I
acquired a nice case that will also house an SSD.

To close this out, I worked with parazyd for a while on IRC this morning
and this noon and his assessment is that the hardware drivers are loaded
and things should be working. Well, it's not so back to the Olimex
Debian image from which I've already excised systemd and chopped it down
to a lean 253 packages, though I will add a few Python packages to
support the weather station processing software.

Perhaps once ascii goes stable and parazyd releases new images, I'll try
it again.

- Nate