:: Re: [DNG] Devuan, Firefox and Apuls…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Taiidan@gmx.com
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dev, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult, dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Devuan, Firefox and Apulse
On 10/11/2017 03:39 PM, dev wrote:

> On 10/11/2017 12:26 PM, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:
>> On 26.09.2017 09:43, Taiidan@??? wrote:
>>
>>> They haven't put the users at #1 for a long time, why do you think
>>> that firefox is still very vulnerable to browser fingerprinting? that
>>> is by design.
>> Yes, and its getting worse: now they want to include cliqz - a spyware
>
> What the actual hell, Mozilla!??
>
> "About a year ago, Mozilla announced a strategic investment in Cliqz
> GmbH,"..."Users who receive a version of Firefox with Cliqz will have
> their browsing activity sent to Cliqz servers, including the URLs of
> pages they visit."
>
> https://blog.mozilla.org/press-uk/2017/10/06/testing-cliqz-in-firefox/

Oh but don't worry, the good men and women at mozilla say it is
"anonymous" data collection so it is OK and you're just a paranoid
weirdo for criticizing mozilla.

"Cliqz uses several techniques to attempt to remove sensitive
information from this browsing data before it is sent from Firefox.
Cliqz does not build browsing profiles for individual users and discards
the user’s IP address once the data is collected."

I can't believe this crap, they're even worse than microsoft now - at
least you know where MS stands.