:: Re: [DNG] systemd-udevd: renamed ne…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: d_pridge
A: Didier Kryn, dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] systemd-udevd: renamed network interface eth0 to eth1
Can you rename the files, instead, by adding _removed_by_rc.local.

Sent from my MetroPCS 4G LTE Android Device
-------- Original message --------From: Didier Kryn <kryn@???> Date: 10/11/17 2:03 AM (GMT-06:00) To: dng@??? Subject: Re: [DNG] systemd-udevd: renamed network interface eth0 to eth1
Le 11/10/2017 à 08:10, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp a écrit :
> Am Mittwoch, 11. Oktober 2017 schrieb John Morris:
>> On Tue, 2017-10-10 at 01:49 +0200, Alessandro Selli wrote:
>>
>>>    By the manual, the correct solution in configuring Grub as to pass the
>>> kernel these parameters:
>>>
>>> biosdevname=0 net.ifnames=0
>> Those fix similar problems but not exactly the same ones.  The udev
>> persistent rules get you when you move an image from one machine to
>> another or swap out failed hardware and suddenly you have no network
>> because eth0 suddenly became eth1.  And as I noted, not only network
>> device names but CD drives as well are impacted.  The fixes you suggest
>> solve the equally annoying problem of eth0 or wlan0 unexpectedly turning
>> into a string of gibberish after an upgrade.
>>
>> They are turning everything into a UUID or similar string of untypable
>> gibberish.  It is almost like they don't want you to use the command
>> line directly anymore.  Nah, that couldn't be it, right?
>>
> My rc.local contains this line:
>
> rm /etc/udevd/rules/*persist*

     With this, Udev starts from scratch at every boot :-)

     Looks like a very nice approach, but it's too hidden: if you
inherit a machine which is doing that, it can take you pretty long
before you find out who the hell is deleting the udev rules. Maybe
rewrite the files with only a comment like

# This file has been wiped out by /etc/rc.local because I don't want
udev to rename my devices.

         Didier