:: Re: [devuan-dev] My final CTTE reco…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: KatolaZ
To: devuan-dev
Betreff: Re: [devuan-dev] My final CTTE recommendations
On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 09:40:19AM +0200, Jaromil wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Oct 2017, golinux@??? wrote:
>
> > I've been thinking about our communal predicament all day and in light of
> > fsmithred's recent email, think this could be a workable compromise:
> >
> > jaromil and parazyd (sharing one Dyne vote)
>
> we cannot "share one vote" as we do not think the same on everything.
>
> Also please note Katolaz is not a "member" of Dyne, his affiliation is
> at Queen Mary's University, school of Mathematical Sciences and in no
> way we are aligned on decision, if not at least agreeing on
> methodologies and minimalist approaches to technology.

I had never thought that one day I had seen an affiliation close to my
name in a free software project. I have never felt like "belonging" or
"responding" to anybody except myself. I have never asked what any of
you is affiliated to, either. The reason is simple: my consideration
for a person (and my esteem for them) is never based on irrelevant
details like what they do to make a living, how they spend their spare
time, how good or bad is their accent, how often they shave or shower,
how large is their house, or what is their preferred football
team. And these things have nothing at all to do with the skills
required to contribute to a mainstream universal distribution.

I would really prefer titles, names, affiliations, categories, and
similar bullshit to stay out of Devuan, and as far away as possible.

I am KatolaZ. Period.

My2Cents

KatolaZ