:: Re: [DNG] systemd-udevd: renamed ne…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Morris
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] systemd-udevd: renamed network interface eth0 to eth1
On Sat, 2017-10-07 at 10:06 -0300, Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Oct 2017 13:51:02 +0100
> Simon Hobson <linux@???> wrote:
>
> > The topic was discussed to death not long ago and the consensus seemed to be that "there is no solution that works for everyone" ! As Jochen says, for "simple" machines with no more than one ethernet and one wifi, nothing needs to be done. For everything else then there is a problem that needs solving.
> >
> > I think the only thing we did all agree on was that systemd's latest screw around with device names was the worst option of all !
>
> What about the possibility of having somewhere a config option:
> "Do you want fixed NIC names or do you want them renamed whenever changed/moved ?"

There is. Make /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules a symlink
to /dev/null and it will leave you alone. Do another for
70-persistent-cd.rules if you have a laptop and have external burners at
home and work. On the other hand, udev rules can also be mighty handy
for making sure USB-Serial adapters, android devices, USB sticks, etc.
show up at consistent locations when that is what you want.