:: Re: [DNG] Strange interfaces vmnet1…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Franklin
A: J. Fahrner
Cc: Dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Strange interfaces vmnet1 and vmnet8 in network-manager

> On Oct 8, 2017, at 3:34 PM, J. Fahrner <jf@???> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I replaced wicd with network-manager on my Thinkpad T61 and now nm-applet shows me two strange interfaces which it is connected to: vmnet1 and vmnet8.
> Maybe these have something to do with vmware player (which I installed for running Windows on my Devuan system). How can I get rid of these two interfaces? I don't see them in /etc/network/interfaces and ifconfig does not show them. They appear only in network-manager. wicd also did not show them.

The vmware-config.pl tool will let you disable them, but your Windows VM will probably lose access to the internet. These are virtual network interfaces to bridge the VM’s NICs to the host’s NICs. There should be configuration files for the vmnet* interfaces under /etc/vmware, if you want to frob them at a low level. However, unless you’re running into an IP conflict or something, you’re best off leaving them alone.

A KVM server I manage has the standard loopback and ethernet NIC interfaces, but seventeen other interfaces, vnet0 through vnet12 for the VMs, plus some bridge interfaces. These interfaces are normal.

jf
--
John Franklin
franklin@???