:: [devuan-dev] blockage
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Ivan J.
To: devuan-dev
Oggetto: [devuan-dev] blockage
Dears,

I'll use this opportunity to identify a few blockers I'm currently
experiencing. Until all of these are solved/unblocked, I will be
abstaining from doing any other work on Devuan as is. I am taking up the
Devuan SDK as my main priority again and will not interfere with
anything else that is happening.

* Releasebot:
Dan has asked me for help on his releasebot thing, and upgrading it to
the v4 gitlab API. I've provided him with a schematic and separated the
gitlab code from actual releasebot functionality. It is up to him and
anyone else who feels like it to complete it and make it running. I
haven't finished it myself because I don't have enough insight on the
plans.

* Jenkins:
The armhf and armel boards have been waiting on inclusion on the CI as
build slaves. They have not been included yet. Both are preset and have
jenkins and jenkins-debian-glue-buildenv-devuan installed. They also
have the /etc/jenkins configuration from build0008.

This task blocks building of rsyslog and basically everything else since
qemus are too slow. But rsyslog is most important.

* eudev:
eudev has been hanging in the experimental repo for 5+ months as of
today. No incentive was shown to include it in actual Devuan
repositories.

This task is important as people will bitch about seeing systemd-udevd
in their process list if we don't replace udev with eudev in Ascii and
the future.

* Antofox's MATE repositories:
Nobody has shown any appreciation towards this effort and has talked
about what has to be done to include this and enable Antofox to use our
CI to build and/or provide packages officially for Devuan.

This task is important for all desktop users as it provides yet another
DE which in this case gives the feeling of old Gnome2, which some users
will want. It only brings benefit to Devuan.

* devuan/dists on pkgmaster:
This task is a 5 minute job that has also been hanging for a while. The
devuan/dists directory structure has to be pushed to pkgmaster in the
same manner devuan/pool is pushed now.

Completing this task will finalize the pkgmaster setup and Devuan will
be able to provide mirrors.

I'll be around for questions on any topic, but I refuse to do work until
serious commitment starts being shown.

Have a good one.

--
~ parazyd
GnuPG: 03337671FDE75BB6A85EC91FB876CB44FA1B0274