:: Re: [DNG] systemd-udevd: renamed ne…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Simon Hobson
A: dng@lists.dyne.org
Asunto: Re: [DNG] systemd-udevd: renamed network interface eth0 to eth1
Didier Kryn <kryn@???> wrote:

>    This has nothing to do with Linux becoming Windows-like, nor Systemd. Udev started doing that a dozen years ago, at least, and Windows desktop or laptops do not need that feature more than Linux's. This feature is essentially dedicated to servers with multiple network connections, which is the domain where Linux dominates.

And desktops with more than on NIC - I've played around with a few.

The topic was discussed to death not long ago and the consensus seemed to be that "there is no solution that works for everyone" ! As Jochen says, for "simple" machines with no more than one ethernet and one wifi, nothing needs to be done. For everything else then there is a problem that needs solving.

I think the only thing we did all agree on was that systemd's latest screw around with device names was the worst option of all !