:: Re: [DNG] systemd-udevd: renamed ne…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: J. Fahrner
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] systemd-udevd: renamed network interface eth0 to eth1
Am 2017-10-07 09:43, schrieb Florian Zieboll:
> From another point of view one could argue, that your device had
> already been unstable... why else would you have had to repair it?
>
> In this case, the modification of your "persistent-net-rules" file
> could be seen as (the most easy) part of a successful fix.

Formerly you could put a hard disc with a Linux system in some similar
pc and it would run. The linux kernel detects all hardware and the basic
functionality was given without any modifications (including networking,
which is basic, because without network you cannot install additional
packages).

But nowadays Linux becomes more and more Windows-like. On EFI-systems it
does not boot because EFI needs to know where to find the boot loader.
And network is not available because sytemd'ish networking changes
network devices. A systemd Linux becomes more and more like a windows
system. And this is why we are here at Devuan!

Jochen