:: Re: [DNG] systemd-udevd: renamed ne…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Didier Kryn
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] systemd-udevd: renamed network interface eth0 to eth1
Le 06/10/2017 à 18:52, J. Fahrner a écrit :
> Hi Didier,
>
> Am 2017-10-06 18:36, schrieb Didier Kryn:
>>     If you aren't satisfied witht the current numbering of your
>> interfaces, there is a simple way to change the numbering:
>>     find the file /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net-rules. You will
>> see there is a line per known interface, containing notably its MAC
>> address (eg ATTR{address}=="e8:de:27:a8:14:e1") and the name it will
>> be given (eg NAME="eth0"). You can change the names and/or the MAC
>> addresses, but take care that a name or a MAC address doesn't appear
>> twice.

> Thanks for that explanation. That explains my problems. My Thinkpad
> was replaced during repair and I installed my hard drive in the new
> device. The logic you described breaks some things, because of new MAC
> addresses the devices got new names.
>
> That's a perfect example why renaming devices (to make them "stable")
> is not a good idea. Most consumer devices have not more than one
> ethernet card and one wireless card. So naming was already "stable".
> The new logic makes them unstable when you have to change devices on
> repair. But that's typical "behaviour" of systemd devs. :-(
>
> If someone with more than one ethernet/wireless device needs
> stability, he can add udev rules manually. This should never be automatic!

     I had the same problem this morning after replacing the OS disk on
a server by a clone of the OS of another server. It contained already
the Udev rules for the 4 interfaces of the other computer. But, in this
case, stability is critical and the admin is acustomed to the trick :-)

     I agree that interface renaming is only a disturbance in situations
where there is at most one eth and one wlan, that is nearly every laptop.

             Didier