:: Re: [devuan-dev] [Monit] Timestamp …
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Evilham
To: devuan-dev
Betreff: Re: [devuan-dev] [Monit] Timestamp failed: devuan.org
Am 30/09/2017 um 18:14 schrieb Alexey Zilber:
> I can never seem to escape monit alerts.

To clarify: these certs should never have an expiry date less than 30
days in the future. So this email signals something is wrong with the
setup and those sites are going down unless something is done.
So, this wouldn't happen if things worked smoothly.

Since I still have access to devuan.org, I restarted nginx, which
temporarily fixed that one. Someone should do the same with
packages.devuan.org or it's going to break in 11 days.

If someone knows why this is not happening automatically, do tell and I
can do it on devuan.org while I still have access.

> Could you guys setup a separate mailing list for this kind of stuff?

In any case, since it had been raised before, maybe we should. Please
discuss opening devuan-infra with its pros and cons.

Quickly this comes to mind:
Pros:
- maybe noise level drives devs away, so
- less noise on -dev could be a very good thing
Cons:
- less accountability due to less people being aware of things not
working the way they should.
- hard to tell sometimes what counts as "infra" and what as "dev"; may
cause info / effort duplication
- maybe this would lead to less people would getting involved with infra

Then again: Things work fine --> there are no alerts

PS: I'm doing fine, just... busy with the city climate as you can
imagine. Will be around more next week.
--
Evilham