:: Re: [DNG] Firefox-ESR, Palemoon, Ap…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jaromil
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Firefox-ESR, Palemoon, Apulse on Jessie
dear Didier,

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017, Didier Kryn wrote:

>     For what concerns sound, Palemoon apparently only requires libasound2,
> which doesn't depend on libpulse0; therefore the dependence to libpulse0
> ought to be more than indirect, could I say "colateral"? Sadly, Palemoon
> also depends on dbus!

I build my palemoon from source, for personal usage. this below my mozconfig:

mk_add_options AUTOCLOBBER=1
mk_add_options MOZ_CO_PROJECT=browser
ac_add_options --enable-application=browser
mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=`pwd`/pmbuild
ac_add_options --enable-jemalloc
ac_add_options --enable-jemalloc-lib
# ac_add_options --disable-dbus
ac_add_options --disable-gstreamer
ac_add_options --enable-alsa
ac_add_options --disable-oss
ac_add_options --enable-pulseaudio
ac_add_options --disable-necko-wifi
ac_add_options --enable-official-branding
ac_add_options --disable-installer
ac_add_options --disable-updater
ac_add_options --disable-tests
ac_add_options --disable-debug
ac_add_options --disable-mochitest
ac_add_options --with-pthreads
ac_add_options --enable-strip
ac_add_options --enable-optimize="-O2 -march=native -pipe"

just put this in the pulseaudio source directory from git and run

make -f client.mk

and sip some herbal tea... as you can see, I keep pulseaudio, but
wonder if that is really necessary. I guess that if someone here feels
like making a Devuan maintained package of palemoon many would be
happy. I'm not sure I'd stop compiling it from git tags myself, but
well good to have it packaged properly. I wouldn't recommend any
distro based on Devuan to rely on upstream Debian packages for this
and other important software.

ciao