:: Re: [DNG] Devuan, Firefox and Apuls…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Miroslav Rovis
A: zap
CC: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Devuan, Firefox and Apulse
On 170924-08:36-0400, zap wrote:

Zap, look at the work that I'd need to do if I went the Waterfox way:
> > But only if more people from Devuan or Debian created a traction would I be
> > more willing to give it a real try (would be lots of compiling, as in my

                                        ^  ^  ^  ^  ^  ^  ^  ^
                                        |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |

> > paragraph that survived so far, further down, just as for Palemoon, so lots of
> > work)...
> Your call, if you want to trust waterfox and my testimony. Up to you. :)

It's not about trust, but expert testimony or content advanced user numbers (of
which there are some in both Gentoo and Devuan/Debian) or more, of which there
is substantial amount for Pale Moon... Really good support on the forums e.g.

And more expert testimony would mean much more than just words. Harder stuff,
such as how they behave shown with packet traces, e.g.
> > Rick Moen in the later email, gave good explanation on the page you gave in
> > regard:
> > https://www.palemoon.org/redist.shtml
> > Something like simply overstated protection of their logo, and, let me hope
> > that, having corresponded (a little) on the list with the main guy behind Pale
> > Moon, Mark Straver (so far, I have had no reason to disbelieve of his
> > developer honesty), my impression is that (manual citation follows from that
> > page):
> > is likely just a good protection against plain abuse.
> I suppose

> That's fine, I look forward to librezilla. and yes waterfox isn't
> perfect either, but I find it more trustworthy than palemoon. We all
> make our own choices feel free to ignore my post if you wish.

C'mon! You would need to do something wrong, and bad, for me to ignore your
post(s), and you haven't done so. Different points of view, political or
techical, do not make for a reason to ignore.

Regards!
--
Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia