:: Re: [DNG] New behaviour under Devua…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Didier Kryn
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] New behaviour under Devuan.
Le 23/09/2017 à 20:20, Steve Litt a écrit :
>> What a pity there isn't a visual indicator that you are weilding root
>> authority like, I don't know, maybe the bash shell prompt ending
>> character changing from "$" to "#".
> That's not enough for me. When I open a terminal intended to be either
> root or on a different machine, I open a terminal that's white on red
> background. When I open a terminal intended to be me on my local
> machine, it's black on white background. This has saved me some pretty
> bad mistakes over the years.

     Means you must have one terminal profile for every location you ssh
to. And you forbid yourself to use su or ssh from the command line,
because this doesn't change the color scheme of the terminal.

     It's pretty heavy to manage all the necessary terminal profiles - I
used gnome-terminal when I experimented with this method, a dozen years
ago. I eventually found it complicated my life a lot.

                 Didier