:: Re: [DNG] New behaviour under Devua…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Didier Kryn
A: dng@lists.dyne.org
Asunto: Re: [DNG] New behaviour under Devuan.
Le 23/09/2017 à 17:12, Miroslav Rovis a écrit :
> But I'll need to take a deep breath to figure out the nice Bash lines
> that you sent to the list. :-)

     I didn't invent this totally; i picked it from some default Debian
.bashrc years ago. I bet you can still find at least part of it in the
default .bashrc, although commented out. All these \[ escape sequences
are recognized by the terminal / terminal emulator to set the color. I
think they come from the vt100 or a descendent.
The prompt above writes
the chroot name - if any - in the default color, between parentheses,
then "root@hostname:" in red for root  (green for me and  magenta for
www-data),
then current directory, in blue,
then "# " in the default color