:: Re: [DNG] New behaviour under Devua…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] New behaviour under Devuan.
On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 23:35:37 -0700
Rick Moen <rick@???> wrote:

> What a pity there isn't a visual indicator that you are weilding root
> authority like, I don't know, maybe the bash shell prompt ending
> character changing from "$" to "#".
>
> It could work. Somebody should try it, some time.

I run xfce-console with five tabs open; two logged-in as user, the sprompts are black; one logged in as root, the prompt is red; two others logged in as root on remote boxes, their prompts are green and blue.

It is simple enough to change PS1='\n\[\033[1;34m\]\u@\h:\w \$ \[\033[0m\]' in the various .ashrc to the colour you want/need.

Been using that for years, never had a problem.

Cheers,

Ron.
--
            A real patriot is the fellow who gets a parking ticket
                     and rejoices that the system works.