:: Re: [DNG] New behaviour under Devua…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Dave Turner
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] New behaviour under Devuan.
On 21/09/17 21:41, Dave Turner wrote:
> On 21/09/17 21:33, Rowland Penny wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 21:18:41 +0100
>> Arnt Gulbrandsen <arnt@???> wrote:

>>> Systemd isn't forced on you. LOTS of other things are, starting with
>>> the choice of .deb as package format.
>>>
>>> Arnt
>> Please stop being obtuse, You know very well what I meant. Devuan has
>> to make some decision for you, but you accept them by accepting
>> Devuan. What Devuan doesn't force on you are things like, what GUI to
>> use (or force you to use one), sudo, su or anything like this. More
>> importantly, it doesn't force systemd on you.
>>
>> In the post I replied to, Dave was trying to force everybody to NOT use
>> su, this, in my opinion, is a denial of freedom of choice.
>>
>> Rowland
>
> The bottle of wine isn't quite finished yet, but I am not trying to
> force anyone to stop using 'su'.
>
> It IS a really bad idea though, rummage the interweb, somewhere in
> there is a really good write up on why su is bad and sudo is good.
>
> And doas is even better.
>
> DaveT

The bottle of wine is finished.

once you have found devuan.xpm save it in /usr/share/X11/xdm/pixmaps

edit /etc/x11/xdm

somewhere around line 62 it needs to be this:-

#if PLANES >= 8
xlogin*logoFileName: /usr/share/X11/xdm/pixmaps/devuan.xpm
#else
xlogin*logoFileName: /usr/share/X11/xdm/pixmaps/debianbw.xpm
#endif

sent without the devaun.xpm attachment beacuse with the attachment the message is considered too large and needs moderation.
Watch this space - it might come through later!

DaveT