:: Re: [DNG] New behaviour under Devua…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Rowland Penny
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] New behaviour under Devuan.
On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 21:18:41 +0100
Arnt Gulbrandsen <arnt@???> wrote:

> Rowland Penny writes:
> > This is all down to the sysadmins decision and I thought one of the
> > main ideas behind Devuan is that nothing is forced on the sysadmin.
>
> Systemd isn't forced on you. LOTS of other things are, starting with
> the choice of .deb as package format.
>
> Arnt

Please stop being obtuse, You know very well what I meant. Devuan has
to make some decision for you, but you accept them by accepting
Devuan. What Devuan doesn't force on you are things like, what GUI to
use (or force you to use one), sudo, su or anything like this. More
importantly, it doesn't force systemd on you.

In the post I replied to, Dave was trying to force everybody to NOT use
su, this, in my opinion, is a denial of freedom of choice.

Rowland