:: Re: [DNG] librezilla: [WAS: Has any…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Edward Bartolo
À: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Sujet: Re: [DNG] librezilla: [WAS: Has anyone tried waterfox?]
Excuse me for interrupting this conversation, but, what is the point
of making sure a browser is secure knowing there is a complete HIDDEN
OS running all the time? I have no idea what it does and what
functions it offers to the outside world. To learn about such
functions I must either believe Intel or accept what reverse engineers
found. The fact that even GNU/Linux cannot get rid of such an OS is
depleting me of motivation to seek a more secure system. For me, it is
becoming enough if I can use a computer and be cautious if I do not
want to disclose sensitive/private information.

I remember, more than a decade ago, when I still did not have an
internet connection, I was a staunch believer that security
necessarily implied NO NETWOK CONNECTION.

Sorry for my intrusive rant.

(Albert Einstein)
If you cannot make abstructions about details you do not understand
the concepts underlying them.