:: Re: [DNG] Devuan, Firefox and Apuls…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Didier Kryn
Dátum:
Címzett: dyne >> dng@lists.dyne.org
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] Devuan, Firefox and Apulse
Le 20/09/2017 à 17:10, dev a écrit :

> On 09/20/2017 01:30 AM, Didier Kryn wrote:
> <snip>
>
>>> Anyone have it working on Devuan and Firefox 55.0.3 64bit ?
>>>
>>      I built it on Devuan Jessie without any glitch and Skype seems happy
>> with it.

> Oh! I did not see this earlier. how are you launching firefox?
>
> Do you have APULSE_PLAYBACK_DEVICE or LD_LIBRARY_PATH set ?
>
> Would you post contents of Firefox?:
>    about:config > security.sandbox.content.write_path_whitelist

> Thank you

     I built Apulse on a Devuan-Jessie x86_64 without Pulseaudio. This
was for Skype to install without error. It was happy at installation but
the microphone does not work. One of the machines on which it is
installed is a desktop without a microphone therefore this isn't a
software issue, but the other is a laptop with a microphone. Your mail
reminds me that Pulseaudio "clients" need to be launched in a special
way for Apulse to play its role, and there is a script for that,
/usr/local/bin/apulse

#!/bin/sh
APULSEPATH="/usr/local/lib/apulse"
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$APULSEPATH${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:+:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH} exec "$@"

     Therefore the command in skypeforlinux.desktop should be changed from
Exec=/usr/bin/skypeforlinux %U
Exec=/usr/local/bin/apulse /usr/bin/skypeforlinux %U

     And this should be done for all Pulseaudio "clients". I will try to
launch Skype like this as soon as possible on the laptop.

     The preferred browser on the two machines is Palemoon, installed
from some Suze repository. There is also Firefox installed and it works
with Alsa only, since it is always launched from the standard .desktop
launcher. Maybe I should check if the version of FF is the last one and
check it still works. I will also try to launch it with pulseaudio.

         AFAIU, the only thing the script is doing is to include
/usr/local/lib/apulse in LD_LIBRARY_PATH; therefore it should be enough
to add a a proper file apulse.conf in /etc/ld.so.conf.d and run
ldconfig. And then the standard .desktop files could be used.

     Didier