Til: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] Yunit
On Wednesday 20 September 2017 at 23:41:15, Nate Bargmann wrote:

> * On 2017 20 Sep 06:36 -0500, J. Fahrner wrote:
> > Am 2017-09-20 13:08, schrieb Nate Bargmann:
> > >I am still puzzled how a desktop GUI can depend on init system.
> > >Services, yes, an init, not so much.
> >
> > Because systemd is not only an init system, it provides a lot of services
> > too.
>
> I'll admit to not following its development the past couple of years or
> longer. What services does it offer that aren't available through
> stand-alone daemons besides logind and journalctl?

https://www.linux.com/learn/understanding-and-using-systemd

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systemd

https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/

Antony.

--
I own three Windows books, published by O'Reilly. They are "Windows
Annoyances", "Office 97 Annoyances" and "Windows 98 Annoyances". That pretty

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.