:: Re: [DNG] Devuan, Firefox and Apuls…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Martin Steigerwald
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Devuan, Firefox and Apulse
Adam Borowski - 20.09.17, 21:21:
> On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 11:47:05AM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> > Quoting Adam Borowski (kilobyte@???):

[…]
> But, chromium as in Debian/Devuan is not good either:
> https://bugs.debian.org/792580 claims it phones home even in "incognito"
> mode -- and not just to update extensions or some such, but to freaking
> Google Analytics.

It is always good to verify such claims.

I restarted Chromium 60 (Debian Sid) with disabled uBlock Origin. No network
activity at all according to:

chrome://net-internals/#sockets

There just is no open socket.

> > The Chromium extensions programming interface is impoverished compared
> > to XUL / XPCOM, but uMatrix and uBlock Origin are decent.
>
> These don't seem anywhere as functional as Adblock (real, not WebExtension)
> or Request Policy.

Huh? I think uBlock Origin is superior to Adblock in every aspect.

Thanks,
--
Martin