:: Re: [DNG] Devuan, Firefox and Apuls…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Rick Moen
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Devuan, Firefox and Apulse
Quoting Adam Borowski (kilobyte@???):

> > I guess I am switching to Chrome. Another sad day for FOSS.
>
> You don't want that pile of spyware, it lacks any basic privacy extensions
> Firefox has.

At _least_ try Chromium before adopting a proprietary browser (Chrome).
I don't know why so many Linux users think _only_ of the proprietary
Google Chrome Web browser and not the open source Chromium browser of
which Google Chrome is an odd and untrustworthy variant? It's
dispiriting.

The Chromium extensions programming interface is impoverished compared
to XUL / XPCOM, but uMatrix and uBlock Origin are decent.

> If you must, have Chrome installed for just those classes. I for one need
> it for my bank as its page is Chrome (and possibly IE) only. Another WTF.

Out of curiosity, do you know how they implement this? If it's merely
vetting user-agent, there's an obvious countermeasure of forging
user-agent. Sometimes, it's that simple. I figure no, in this case,
because you'd have tried that, but am mentioning it pro bono publico.