:: Re: [DNG] Devuan, Firefox and Apuls…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Adam Borowski
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] Devuan, Firefox and Apulse
On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 08:38:24AM -0500, dev wrote:
> Mozilla got a new bedmate named PulseAudio.
>
> Looks like another Smooth Move by Mozilla that will end up costing them
> market share. I don't like Chrome, but basically forced to choose between
> Pottering or Google at this point :/

You mean, there'll be anything left of current 5% after FF57 hits?

Too bad, Firefox is the only somewhat usable browser. With enough
extensions (hello 57...) it's possible to beat some basic security into it,
while Chromium has built-in spyware even in that "incognito mode" snake oil
that can't be disabled by extensions. Pale Moon guys, while their heart is
in the right place, don't seem to be doing well.

On the other hand, I don't quite see what's the point of sound in a WWW
browser. From time to time, someone insists you to view something on
YouTube (because it's so hard to write that instead...) but that's a matter
of clicking "download" then using a proper media player.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ I've read an article about how lively happy music boosts
⣾⠁⢰⠒⠀⣿⡁ productivity. You can read it, too, you just need the