:: Re: [DNG] upgrade from Debian stret…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Adam Borowski
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] upgrade from Debian stretch to Devuan ascii?
On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 01:49:00PM -0400, fsmithred wrote:
> - standard system install of debian stretch plus openbox, lxterminal,
> lxpanel and a few other packages.
> - changed sources to devuan ascii, update, add key, update again
> - install sysvinit-core, reboot.
> - [optional] install live-config-sysvinit to replace live-config-systemd
> - remove libpam-systemd systemd systemd-shim
> - apt-get autoremove

> - install consolekit policykit-1 libpam-ck-connector (I don't know if
> these were really needed. It seemed ok, but I'm using startx to get a
> desktop.)

policykit is needed only for letting an unprivileged user
shutdown/suspend/etc from a GUI, mount removable media and such. It doesn't
sound like you have an use for it.

> - install xserver-xorg-legacy

Bad idea! You'd want xserver-xorg-legacy only if you have a truly ancient
graphics card or an {u,eu,...}dev misconfiguration wrt input (or run hurd).

Obviously if for you the regular user is almost as sensitive as root anyway
it's not a big concern, but if we stick to principles here we avoid training
the user that making random things setuid is a good solution. With KVM,
there's no need for X to run as root.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ I've read an article about how lively happy music boosts
⣾⠁⢰⠒⠀⣿⡁ productivity. You can read it, too, you just need the