:: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan Meet Sept. …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Evilham
A: devuan-dev
Asunto: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan Meet Sept. 13/14 2017
Dear Jaromil,

Am 14/09/2017 um 15:05 schrieb Jaromil:
> I get the impression that people here like to complain and repeat the
> same things over and over even if they had answers.

this is the kind of statement that triggers other people and leads to
awkward threads we have witnessed in the past.
As a very public figure of the project, you should work on that.
(^^^ serious, constructive recommendation)

That being said:
You seem to be dismissing what I wrote by thinking this is about you
taking a holiday, it's not; maybe read it again cool headed.
Everyone has holidays, I acknowledge, respect and even encourage that;
there is no point in burnout.

Am 14/09/2017 um 15:10 schrieb Jaromil:
> noone is blocking. there was a proposal to accelerate and open
> (scorsh, the first Devuan's Improvement proposal aka DIP) and it has
> been rejected and mildly opposed by yourself among the others.

There is also an issue with this version of the facts. What actually
happened was more like:
- Issue pointed out
- Solution was proposed
- Criticism was shown
- Discussion got heated and pointless
- A deadline was set
- A deadline was missed
- Discussion went back to being heated and pointless
- Solutions started actually getting analysed
--> side effect: documentation started being generated
- Criticism was shown in all directions
- Technically interesting things were asked
- There was no word, ever, again
- News of a parallel CI arrived

So, yes, the issue is pretty much non-technical and feelly; it involves
communication, which in a volunteer project is a very important thing
and not to be so easily dismissed.

Incidentally, Joerg nailed it:

Am 14/09/2017 um 15:35 schrieb Joerg Reisenweber:
> That's pretty simple to remeber, for those who read/heard it. However

the core
> topic AIUI is about *documentation* of this (or any different future)

state
> regarding
>
> $task_or_resource $list_of_responsible_persons $current_status $deadline

Even establishing (and following!) a very silly, simple protocol saying
something like "a person responsible for a resource will check in once a
week and guide/solve any blockers" would be helpful in the short-middle
term; notice it doesn't have to be the same person, it can easily be
rotatory, that's the whole point of having multiple responsible people.
--
Evilham