Til: devuan developers internal list
Emne: Re: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Sept 13/14 2017

re all,

On Wed, 13 Sep 2017, golinux@??? wrote:

> ## evilham
> * Still waiting on access / setup for the web parts

I understand you had access to www (good, thanks! I could do it only
today) but can't see you in sudoers. please write me in private and
when ready will add you for the listed tasks

also please note there is a 'webmaster' user on the machine which is
the one that should be used for the website limited user

>       - install middleman 3.4.1 for that limited user
>       - create two directories "www" and "beta"
>         in www: git clone master branch
>         in beta: git clone beta.devuan.org branch
>       - (root) setup nginx to serve devuan.org and beta.devuan.org
>         accordingly over https
>         * Maybe protect beta.devuan.org with pwd (not really necessary)

i don't think is necessary IMHO

many thanks for the good work!!

> ## fsmithred
>   * Working on cli refractainstaller to handle uefi. One script does
>     both.

sounds like great news!!!

for ascii I'm wondering if we can drop the old d-i installer and use
your live (and perhaps the minimal-live) instead. this would break
some legacy usage I can imagine, but really the old system used by
debian to make installers its an enormous hairball....

nothing really urgent perhaps but wondering what is your opinion since
you seem to be the most knowledgeable on installer issues right now. I
hope it works out to have d-i inside the live image, it would be
really handy...

> ## gnu_srs
>   * ascii: Still unresolved debootstrap bug to build util-linux to
>     install openrc :(  (-100 - golinux)

what bug is this? is it on the bugtracker?

>   * Why are eudev packages still in experimental: In Debian packages get
>      uploaded to sid, where they migrate to testing after a few days
>      (unless RC bugs stops that)

they should be built for the suites/ascii branch and you need to have
permission to do so, AFAIK

right now the old CI is taken care of CenturionDan who is also working
on a proposal which we'll evaluate. he is anyway the best to act on this.

I am in favor of having your eudev packages available in ascii.

>   * No packages are built any longer: Why, even if the infrastructure is
>      flaky, packages should still be built.
>       - golinux - NO ACCESS to the build system?  IIUC builds have to be
>     initiated by someone (who probably is 'away')

yes the ACL of the current releasebot is what we proposed to upgrade
with scorsh to make it more transparent and logged via git. since
there is no consensus we need to wait for other proposals (see above)

>       - Regarding recent build attempts: devuan-keyring-*, tried at
>     least twice. Fails on the binary target! (gnu_srs)

does anyone has any ideas why? I'm the one triggering them (pity is
not visible.... this is something we also would like to solve with
scorsh) made fixes to previous errors and now cannot figure out what
error is there.

FYI parazyd and wizzup setup a parallel CI for maemo (since to have
any innovation on this feels like to be going to a political campaign)
and soon we'll setup one more for our projects at dyne. I wonder if we
should try to build those packages across CI to evaluate better. This
work will also be very useful for reproducible builds btw.

> ## Centurion Dan
>  - have a little more time now
>  - started working on releasebot again.. the testsuite is functionally
>    complete as far as the mocks are concerned, now it just needs all the
>    appropriate tests added.

any ETA?

after your proposal is ready I'd rather leave 10 days for evaluation
and discussions. ideally we should reach consensus. practically we are
going forward with a lot of parallel improvements and I'm very sad you
are left alone on this.

ciao!