:: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan Meet Sept. …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Douglas Guptill
À: devuan-dev
Sujet: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan Meet Sept. 13/14 2017
On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 11:36:18PM +0200, Evilham wrote:

> Why? Devuan is having a Governance crisis. Surely, I am not the only
> one noticing this.

I get much the same impression.

> I've only been around for about 3 months, that is 1/4th of a year and
> in most of that time, Devuan (as a project) has been... let's call it
> dysfunctional. Yes, some progress has been made, however the core
> issues remain: there are tons of blockers, discussion either dies or
> escalates quickly and then gets abandoned without reaching any
> consensus so it all ends up being in vain, leaving questions
> unanswered. The fact that it doesn't seem to be getting any better is
> more than worrisome.
>
> So, how can we get through this and keep it from happening again?
> If the project is to move forward, the root issues leading to the
> current state of affairs have to be resolved.

I am another 3-monther, and agree with your analysis.

It appears that Devuan has been in the works for about 2 years, and in
that time much has been accomplished. Financial resources acquired,
machines acquired, jessie_1.0.0 released, and probably much more
behind the scenes. All that could not have happened without some sort
of governance, whether formal or informal.

Perhaps, now that the first release is out, the persons who have
accomplished so much in the past two years are taking a breather, or
suffering burnout.

If that is the case, how can the new devuaners take some of the load?

Regards,
Douglas.