:: Re: [DNG] I had an idea, for a devu…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: fsmithred
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] I had an idea, for a devuan fork, and other stuff
On 09/11/2017 08:58 PM, zap wrote:

> Oh and ps, golinux whats your thoughts on changing from a debian fork to
> a independent distro?
>
> for devuan I mean...
>
> You would have less systemd issues I am sure. right?
>
> Again, remember this is not your problem. IT is only a suggestion.

I think the systemd issues would be about the same. Instead of recompiling
packages to remove the systemd deps, we'd be compiling them the first time
with the systemd deps removed. In addition to that, we'd have to debianize
and compile every package we wanted in our repo. If we want everything in
the debian repos, that works out to around 5000-10000 packages for each
dev to maintain.

If you want to satisfy your desire to create a distro with a reasonable
amount of work for one person, you can install your dream system in a VM,
install refractasnapshot and refractainstaller, and make a devuan
derivative distro. Some might call it a re-spin or a pseudo-distro. Use
the devuan repos.

Put the iso someplace where people can download it, let us know about it,
and if anyone finds it useful, something may grow from it.

fsmithred