:: [DNG] ..OT: Can we do new cpu etc h…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Arnt Karlsen
A: dng
Assumptes vells: Re: [DNG] Purism Librem and disabling Intel ME: it can be done [ Re: TALOS 2 - The Libre Owner Controlled POWER9 Workstation/Server ]
Assumpte: [DNG] ..OT: Can we do new cpu etc hardware, from scratch, on e.g. Google funding?, was: Purism Librem and disabling Intel ME: it can be done
On Fri, 8 Sep 2017 00:22:40 -0400, Taiidan@??? wrote in message
<c4c0abdb-00c4-37d3-caed-6a57343f8366@???>:

> Google has many times attempted to get intel to provide a method to
> disable ME and remove it from the boot process for their in house
> computers and the coreboot laptops they sell, they have not been
> successful - thus if a billion dollar company can't pull it off a
> small upstart certainly can't.

..can we do it (on e.g. Google funding)? I.e. new cpu etc hardware
from scratch on e.g. Google funding.

Scenarios always come in sets of three: