Til: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] Purism Librem and disabling Intel ME: it can be done [Re: TALOS 2 - The Libre Owner Controlled POWER9 Workstation/Server ]
On Wed, Sep 06, 2017 at 12:36:59PM +0200, Alessandro Selli wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Sep 2017 at 11:53:46 -0400
> "Taiidan@???" <Taiidan@???> wrote:
> >
> > I take it you work for purism....raptor has made a legitimately owner
> > controlled computer - whats stopping you?
>
> The steep price.

Ditto. It's far more capacity than I need. Currently using a
ten-year-old 64-bit AMD processor and it's working fine -- except
nonessential components (such as USB) are starting to fail, and I
occasionally replace a disk drive in the software RAID.

Have not replaced it with a modern system out of security concerns.

Want to replace it out of long-term availability cocncerns.

-- hendrik