:: Re: [DNG] Purism Librem and disabli…
Forside
Slet denne besked
Besvar denne besked
Skribent: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
Til: mdn, dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] Purism Librem and disabling Intel ME: it can be done [ Re: TALOS 2 - The Libre Owner Controlled POWER9 Workstation/Server ]
On 05.09.2017 18:14, mdn wrote:

<snip>

If I understood it correctly, they managed to boot an modified firmware
on that ME core, so it theoretically should be possible to run an
entirely own firmware on it. Maybe barebox or plan9.

Having a serial console (maybe via some free gpios ?) would be a really
cool things.

> Imo seeing the awful state of X86 platforms, POWER is our only hope to
> own what we buy.

What about ARM ?

--mtx