著者: mdn
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Purism Librem and disabling Intel ME: it can be done [ Re: TALOS 2 - The Libre Owner Controlled POWER9 Workstation/Server ]

Le 05/09/2017 21:00, Hendrik Boom a écrit :
> On Tue, Sep 05, 2017 at 11:53:46AM -0400, Taiidan@??? wrote:
>>
>> I take it you work for purism....raptor has made a legitimately owner
>> controlled computer - whats stopping you? (besides obsession over intel x86)
>> It is possible to make a POWER laptop with todays lower wattage POWER cpu's.
>
> on https://www.crowdsupply.com/raptor-computing-systems/talos-secure-workstation/updates/the-state-of-owner-controlled-computing-as-talos-winds-down

This is old, here's the new one
https://www.raptorcs.com/TALOSII/
Here's the archive.org
https://web.archive.org/web/20170904050410/https://www.raptorcs.com/TALOSII/
The website was accessible a few days ago I don't know why it's not
accessible right now.

> I read
>
> : Raptor Engineering is grateful to have had the opportunity to run
> : this campaign, and would like to thank the community for all of the
> : support we received during this nearly year-long endeavor. We will
> : not be receiving any of the pledged funds from the crowdfunding
> : campaign. If you’ve already placed a pre-order for a POWER8 CPU via
> : Crowd Supply, you will be fully refunded. If you placed a
> : crowdfunding pledge for a Talos™ product, you have not yet been and
> : will not be charged.
> :
> : We will not be continuing development of the Talos™ systems, however
> : we are willing to license parts of the Talos™ technology, such as
> : FlexVer™, to other manufacturers.
>
> so it looks as it that legitimately owner-controlled computer
> project
> based on the POWER processor has died.
>
> Anyone know better? Is is still continuing in some form?
>
> -- hendrik

Librement
BERNARD

FR: Veuillez s'il vous plaît utiliser GPG pour nos futures conversations:
https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/fr/
Si c'est email n'est pas signer, il ne vient pas de moi.

ENG: Please be kind enough to use GPG for our future conversations:
https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en/
If this email isn't PGP signed then it isn't mine.

-If you can't compile it dump it.