:: Re: [DNG] What is devuan-dev and a …
Top Pagina
Auteur: Evilham
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] What is devuan-dev and a dev-meeting?
Hello Edward,

Am 05/09/2017 um 9:18 schrieb Edward Bartolo:
> What is devuan-dev and a dev-meeting? Why on DNG there are no
> discussions about software being developed or modified for Devuan?
> There are discussions of 'software', but these, are more like
> philosophico-technical debates.

devuan-dev may refer to either a freenode IRC channel where devs are
usually around or to another Mailing List. The devuan-dev ML serves for
development discussion, DNG is (as I understand) more of a user-focused
Mailing List.
Important topics that affect users directly get raised here, like the
eudev naming thing you've probably seen around.

dev-meetings are announced via the devuan-dev ML and a pad is prepared
prior, during and after the meeting; a final version gets sent to that
ML as well.

> As the person who coded and uploaded simple-netaid-backend and
> simple-netaid-gui, am I missing something not "attending" these
> dev-meetings?

If you want to help with packaging (which is sth badly needed right
now), hanging out on the IRC channel might be enough. The meetings do
serve some organisational purpose / enable quick discussion and you may
find out about stuff you wouldn't otherwise, so do feel encouraged to
join in and introduce yourself :).

If you are new around, you may be wondering about "lack of activity",
this was caused by August being basically a dead month in the EU where
most devs are located; as September kicks in, we should be seeing more
things happening.

FYI, the devuan-dev ML (there's a public archive there as well):